![]() |
| Leaving the reception though flower petals and light-sabers to a song from 300 (the movie). |
Now, there are probably a few good reasons they don't. The first being, (and if you didn't know this sorry to ruin the surprise) we were living together before the wedding. I think we didn't have as many big changes as couples who didn't live together before they were married. We didn't have to learn to give up space, or compromise about who's stuff we were keeping, or how to load the dishwasher (or who does it). We had already dealt with that so... next?
Also, we already had our own place, so no new apartment shopping. We got married, went on our honeymoon, and then came back to the life we were already living. Please don't get me wrong, this wasn't a let down by any means. We've always done really well together and can balance each other out, so for us, things not feeling different is a good thing.
The next question I've been getting, which I understand, is IF we intend to have kids. The answer? Yes! Absolutely! I have no problem answering that. I actually recently had a friend ask when we planned to start trying and if I wanted to join her in trying. Well, two problems, we've only been married 3, months, and I am just starting the beginning of my 2nd of 3 years in school. So, to answer the question of if we will be trying in the next two years, No, probably not.
The one question I wasn't so ok with, was "so when are you due?"
...If your jaw just dropped a little, don't worry, mine did too! Look, don't get me wrong, I know I'm not skinny, but I don't have a bump, nor is there a baby... my actually response was "Not for 3 years or more!"
I think they meant it as a joke but... yea... Note to self, things not to say to newly weds, even if it is a shotgun wedding. PS, if that person is reading this, no, I'm not offended and I hope you won't be.
So yea, if you are planning on getting married, brace yourself, and if you are already married, I think I get it now, and if you have kids, yea... I don't know about that yet, but I'll blog when I do.

No comments:
Post a Comment